So, you’ve taken the plunge and booked your first reading with me—Yayyyyyy!
Honestly, the hardest part is over (and really, my one-stop online booking system makes “hard” a relative term), so now it’s time for the fun part: getting ready!
Here are my five foolproof steps to getting the most out of your tarot consultation with me:
- If you’ve booked a Zoom reading, you’ll receive an email with a link to follow at the time of your appointment; if it’s a phone reading, you’ll receive the phone number to call.
- At some point before your appointment, spend a few minutes thinking about what you need clarity on, what you’re struggling with, or what you hope to learn from consulting the tarot. A tarot deck is an incredible tool—it can go as ‘deep’ as you want to go, so don’t waste this opportunity! The more thought you give to what you want to dive into, the more responsive the reading will be.
- Although it’s not necessary to have a specific question in mind for the reading, having a question (or questions) ready for our session does help to give direction to our time together. The best questions for tarot consultations are open-ended questions, as opposed to yes/no ones.For example, ‘what do I need to know about my relationship right now?’ is a better question than ‘Is my partner happy with me?’
Other examples of strong questions to ask the tarot are such things as:
‘How can I increase my chances of getting promoted?’
‘What is my biggest spiritual lesson to focus on this year?’
‘What can I do to attract the best romantic partner for me?’
‘When should I aim to move into a new house/apartment?’
- As your appointment time approaches, spend just a few minutes just calming your mind. Take a few slow, deep breaths, and really focus on the sound of air entering and leaving your body. There is nothing to fear or be nervous about when getting your cards read; rather, the few minutes of quiet you spend before calling or Zooming in will help you leave behind whatever you were doing or thinking about before our appointment. Our time together is sacred, so leave your mundane cares and stresses ‘at the door,’ and let’s go on a magickal journey!
- The final step is the MOST important one of all! In order to reap the full benefit of your tarot consultation, it’s vital that you come to your appointment with an open heart and a sense of curiosity. Please know that I and the tarot have absolutely nothing to prove to you, nor you to us. We are meeting in this time and space in YOUR behalf, to help YOU live your best life. I’m not telling your future, because I’m not a psychic! Instead, I like to describe myself as an advanced interpreter of signs, symbols, and archetypes, and I encourage my clients to have a conversation with me about what they want to explore. Occasionally, I’ve had clients put up energetic ‘walls’ around themselves, giving the shortest possible answers to my questions, not providing a question for the reading or giving the full context of their question, or even refusing to speak to me at all! Please don’t feel like you need to ‘hide’ from me in order to ‘test’ me—doing that only hinders the quality of the insights we’ll be able to gather during your reading. Instead, think of me as your partner in transformation. I’ll be the Samwise Gamgee to your Frodo Baggins, and we’ll get you to wherever it is that you need to be…together.
Ready to begin YOUR adventure?
Well, alright then! Head on over to my Services page, and away we go! I can’t wait to work with you!