M. Kyndyll Lackey
Transformational Tarotist and Intuitive Consultant
Hi. 😊 If you’re new here, thanks for joining me! I’m a witch, priestess, and mage who also used to be a “wounded healer” social worker living a pretty inauthentic life. The past decade has been about coming to grips with my old, ingrained, self-destructive patterns and learning to choose more empowered ways of coping with this roller coaster we call life (a practice also known as “shadow work”).
Goddess knows I had plenty of fodder to work with:
👉 sexual traumas of varying duration and intensity
👉 a childhood imprinted by mental illness, addiction, and poverty throughout multiple generations on both sides of my family
👉 feelings of never being enough
👉 conditional/withheld love and approval…
Not to mention the coping mechanisms that arose from all that:
😔 unhealthy eating
🤢 autoimmune issues
😠 poverty consciousness and scarcity behaviors
😡 controlling behaviors…
I was a f*cken mess, y’all.
For a long time, I wore my trauma like a badge of honor, believing that I was SO different as to be alone in the world [insert dramatic sigh here]…
What a farce! What an ego trip.
Social work showed me that sexual trauma is frightfully common. Child abuse is frightfully common. Poverty. Addiction. Mental illness. All are visited upon millions of us every day.
However, it took me years to finally understand that our suffering doesn’t make us special. It’s what we choose to do with those experiences that make us special.
And just as it’s not helpful to minimize your own pain by saying others have had it so much worse, it’s also not OK to claim your trauma is the most f*cked up. There is no crown for that, babes, because we’ve ALL been broken upon the Wheel of Fortune.
BUT. If we’re far from alone, that also means we have community. We have numbers. We have POWER. And that power is NOT in victimhood.
True personal power comes from:
- Claiming everything that happened to us…
- Owning how it changed us…
- Deciding for ourselves what we learned from it…
- And then using that knowledge in a way that serves ourselves, our loved ones, and our communities.
That is what I’m doing now—using what I’ve experienced and learned to help YOU reclaim YOUR power and use it for self-actualization, instead of merely surviving.
I’m glad you’re here 🤗 and I’m looking forward to meeting and working with you! It all starts with consulting the cards. Check out my Services page to book your appointment now–the sooner you take that first step, the sooner we can get you well and truly on the road to living a life that honors you, your hopes, and your dreams.
Yes, you can, and it’s my honor and privilege to help you get there!
For more than twenty years, I’ve provided my clients with a host of spiritual services, including tarot and intuitive consultations, transformational coaching, Reiki treatments and attunements, classes, and ministerial services. Using tarot in the Crowley-Harris Thoth tradition, my gift of claircognizance, and my extensive knowledge of tarot, astrology, Qabalah, Reiki, crystals/stones, and practical magick, I help clients gain the clarity they need in difficult and complex situations. I also use my background in human development, trauma-informed care, social justice, social services, and psychology to help clients access other helping professionals when needed. I am ordained as a Minister by the Universal Life Church and the Mercy Junction Justice and Peace Center, and I’m also a Third-Degree Reiki Master Teacher.
Other tidbits about me, in no particular order:
- I am a native Nashvillian—a rare breed these days in the so-called “It City.”
- My love of learning led me to earn two Master’s degrees, one in social work and one in women’s studies/creative writing.
- I have two Blue Russian-mix rescue cats, Stirling and Hermes, who’ve figured out that it’s their house, and we’re just living in it by their good graces.
- I’ve had significant hearing loss since I was a child; it doesn’t stop me from doing much, but it has made me a helluva lip-reader!
- My favorite stones are smoky quartz, pyrite, and hematite.
- I’m a Pisces Sun with Capricorn Rising and a Leo Moon.
- I am a survivor of childhood and adolescent trauma.
- My killer chili recipe has won every office chili cook-off I’ve entered.
- I struggled with depression in my teens and 20s, and autoimmune issues in my 20s and 30s.
- I’m a big music geek, and I especially love progressive and blues-inspired rock like Pink Floyd, Tool, Alice in Chains, and All Them Witches.
- My husband and soulmate, Chris, and I have been inseparable since high school, but it wasn’t until college that I wised up and snagged him for my own!
- In my former life as a social worker, I worked with children, teens, and women who have survived trauma and abuse.
- I used to be a pack-and-a-half-a-day smoker—I quit 17 years ago and have never looked back!